Friday, September 7, 2018

Public Health Crisis: Suicides

This is a public health related piece. I produced a video about suicides. The data that I analyzed was from the Centers for Disease Control.

Suicide has been on the public radar recently because of the scrutiny it has received in the press. And the concerns expressed in the press about the rising numbers and rate of suicide.

When I was in college, I was taught that suicide was a largely based on the victim's emotional state. That the answers of how to address it were to be found in psychology and psychiatry. That may have been true then, but the data that I analyzed, that you will see in this movie, says that suicide may now be more of a socio-economic problem.

Here is the link to the video:

Let us know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment